Thursday, May 8, 2014

Journal Entry 050814-A: Battleship Marine!

Friends,

First let me invite you to "visit" my little Marine Supply Store on Highway 181 in Fairhope, Alabama!

Thanks to you my customers and friends I am here and ready to serve your boating supply needs for a 3rd Summer and Fall 2014 Boating and Fishing Season!

Today's short-story is about the time in 2003 that my Son Floyd Alexander Wooley and I launched our Bayliner Walk-A-Around Cuddy Cabin with twin Force Outboards at "Big Mouth" and spent the night across from the launching ramp anchored off the beach!

It was a wonderful night as I had a wonderful wife and great team of people that allowed me to spend the only night my son Alex and I have ever spent on the boat alone!

I bought a little 12v television with a VCR just for that evening in case the fish weren't biting and/or Alex got bored with the trip.

That was a lie for goodness sakes cause I figured we would both get bored even if the fish did bite and quit especially after having some supper off the grill- we would need something to occupy our time and entertain ourselves with later in the night.

We had rented a movie for the night and to be honest I forget which movie it was that we watched that night but first we went fishing and what fun we had!
 
I think if my memory serves me correct Alex had several of his favorite movies along for the trip that night as well.

Oh we caught a Speck or two and a white trout or two along with plenty of croakers both before Sun set and after as we moved the boat outside the mouth of weeks bay and into the mouth of the bay and back to our anchorage for the night just inside Weeks Bay almost directly South of the launching ramp on the South side of the entrance to Weeks Bay where the sandy beach can be seen from the launching ramp!

Of course I had to run out in Mobile Bay for just a little bit and open up the twin Force Outboards just before Sunset which is always a blast at Sunset or at Dusk just after that beautiful Orange ball we call the Sun has set onto the horizon and the stars start to become visible!

I had such a wonderful time that night with Alex on the Bayliner!

We had hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill and I listened to a little music as always on the boat before we settled in to watch the movie.

Alex and I to the best of my memory watched the entire movie and I can see us laughing and joking together although I cant remember what the name of that dang movie was that we watched that night.

Alex fell asleep and I listened to some music as I laid up on bow gazing at the stars until well after midnight all the while thinking to myself "what a wonderful experience this one afternoon and night had been for at the very least myself and I hope to my knowledge Alex as well!"

The next morning I think we went swimming and then headed back to the launching ramp at "Big Mouth" to load the boat on the trailer and head on back to Daphne, Alabama and Work!

Work for me that would come as a pleasure as I hoped we both could experience that night together again as father and son.
 
Boating can be such a wonderful experience on any occasion or for that matter just an occasion you have etched out of your schedule to spend with those you Love.
 
I hope you have found a business, product, service or something you would like to have yourself on the advertising page. If your looking for something please let me place a wanted advertisement on that site for you.

I would also love to post your items "For-Sale" and your "Fish" Pictures!
 
If you do need Marine Supplies, Marine Engine Parts or Boat Trailer Parts please browse the pages section located in the right side-bar of the web-version of this site!
 
If you don't find the items you are looking for please stop by or give me a call and I'll do my best to get it for you!
 
The Goal is to save you some time and money on "Quality" Merchandise!

I'm slowly working to be in a position to increase my "Athletic Gifts and Nautical Gifts" inventory as well! Please browse the pages Section of my Home Blog and the Gulf Coast Girls site as those items are featured on those pages in that order.


Please keep in mind the "Merchandise Pages" Section is located in right side-bar of the web-version of each of the 3 sites I feature products "For-Sale" and that I inventory here at Battleship Marine.
 
Listed below are some of the Categories of Marine Supplies that are "Available" to me here at Battleship Marine by my Wholesalers that are "Available" to you!
 
*Electronics
*Navigation Equipment
*Electrical Supplies
*Lighting Supplies
*Marine Batteries
*General Boating
*Safety Supplies
*Anchoring
*Mooring
*Water-Sports
*Trolling
*Fishing
*Seating
*Covers
*Tops
*Paint
*Maintenance
*Deck Hardware
*Fasteners
*Steering
*Controls
*Pumps and Plumbing
*Ventilation
*Marine Engine Parts
*Fuel Tanks, Fuel Lines, Fuel Fittings, Fuel Filters
*Oil, Grease, Lubricants
*Propellers (Stainless Steel and Aluminum)
*Zincs and Anodes
*Boat Trailer Parts
*Magic Tilt Trailers
*Consignment Sales Welcomed
*Free advertising of your local Business, Product, Service or Items "For-Sale" on the "classified" advertising blog!

Again thank you for visiting Battleship Marines web-site's and please do give me a call or stop by if I can be of Service to you on your Marine Supplies!

Please Visit Battleship Marine I sure appreciate it yall!
 
Have a Safe and Enjoyable 2014 Boating and Fishing Season!
  
God Bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!

Floyd Clifton Wooley
 


No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive