Thursday, March 27, 2014

Journal Entry 032714-A: Battleship Marine!


Friends,

How can I follow up yesterdays short story and invite you to visit Battleship Marine with any success?

Friends I had a helluva vacation once in my life with Greg Jones of Alabama Outboards family and my wife and children as well as the family of another friend and his family at Little Lagoon in Gulf Shores, Alabama!

Friends at the time I lived in Spanish Fort, Alabama in a Mobile home that my wife and I had rented from Lonnie and Rhonda Jones.

I had just started working for Dobbins and Dukes Homes after closing the Original Battleship Marine!

I at the time owned a 16' Glasstron Bow-Rider with a 40 Horse-power Evinrude that the Starter Mounting Bracket had broken off the engine block.

I didnt have a dime to fix the engine properly so I J B Welded the broken piece back onto the block.

Not a good idea.

Lonnie Jones friend had two Jet Ski's and they had rented a cabin on Little Lagoon.

I of course took my Glasstron and we spent the night in the cabin.

I insisted on launching my boat and what a mistake thar was with the starter epoxied on the engine block!

It cranked the first time when we launched and eased around to little lagoon pass bridge but when we got ready to leave after I had drank a fifth of Seagrams 7 all hell broke like it always does when you get drunk on a boat.

The day had been exciting as you could want a day to be!

Lonnie and I went out the pass and the Gulf was angry as it can be without there being a tropical depression or stronger in the Gulf!

The breakers at little lagoon were at least six foot!

We were jumping the breakers and of course I had to out do Lonnie!

I took the jet ski I was riding higher and higher into the air hooping and hollering the whole time with the building excitement of the adrenaline rush!

The final time I jumped to my recollection I went as vertical as possible sky high into the air!

I landed about twenty feet from the jet ski and she was leaving me!

I looked around and didnt see Lonnie and as fast Ive swam in my life I chased that jet ski!

The whole time thinking "damn I'm way out here with the damn sharks for God Sakes!!!!

The water was crystal clear and having hollered "watch this Lonnie" prior to my last jump was the last thing on my mind"!

I caught the damn thing climbed on board and headed for the pass only to have to deal with the starter now hanging free under the callon of my evinrude!

I hit the key and immediately knew I had a problem!

I tried cranking the engine with the rope under the callon as I cussed the SOB!

Never drink on an old boat or a damn new boat it only ends in disaster I assure you!

After the rope hit one of my children coming off the fly-wheel which was unavoidable even with them on the bow Lonnie or his friend who has now passed from a massive heart-attack and I beleive is heaven pulled us back to the launch with a jet ski!

The boat didnt leave the trailer again until I bought a half a block from Ferrell Hamlin and rebuilt the engine when we moved to Silverhill, Alabama on an old Stainless Steel table that kept covered up outside behind the house with a tarp during winter and spring of the next year!

The one and only outboard motor I have ever re-built!

Only Ferrell beleived it would ever run again and of course I did beleive it would run again myself!
 
I hope you enjoyed the story my friends!
 
I finished painting the door today. I hope you it looks nice too you. Stop by and see me. I only drink once or twice a year now and only two drinks. Three is too much! I'm serious.
 
I hope you have found a business, product, service or something you would like to have yourself on the advertising page. If your looking for something please let me place a wanted advertisement on that site for you.
 
If you do need Marine Supplies, Marine Engine Parts or Boat Trailer Parts please browse the pages section located in the right side-bar of the web-version of this site!
 
If you don't find the items you are looking for please stop by or give me a call and I'll do my best to get it for you!
 
The Goal is to save you some time and money!

I'm slowly working to be in a position to increase my "Athletic Gifts and Nautical Gifts" inventory as well! Please browse the pages Section of my Home Blog and the Gulf Coast Girls site as those items are featured on those pages in that order.


Please keep in mind the "Pages" Section is located in right side-bar of the web-version of each of the 3 sites I feature products "For-Sale" on that I inventory here at Battleship Marine.
 
Listed below are some of the Categories of Marine Supplies that are "Available" to me here at Battleship Marine by my Wholesalers that are "Available" to you!
 
*Electronics
*Navigation Equipment
*Electrical Supplies
*Lighting Supplies
*Marine Batteries
*General Boating
*Safety Supplies
*Anchoring
*Mooring
*Water-Sports
*Trolling
*Fishing
*Seating
*Covers
*Tops
*Paint
*Maintenance
*Deck Hardware
*Fasteners
*Steering
*Controls
*Pumps and Plumbing
*Ventilation
*Marine Engine Parts
*Fuel Tanks, Fuel Lines, Fuel Fittings, Fuel Filters
*Oil, Grease, Lubricants
*Propellers (Stainless Steel and Aluminum)
*Zincs and Anodes
*Boat Trailer Parts
*Magic Tilt Trailers
*Consignment Sales Welcomed
*Free advertising of your local Business, Product, Service or Items "For-Sale" on the "classified" advertising blog!

Again thank you for visiting Battleship Marines web-site's and please do give me a call or stop by if I can be of Service to you!

Please Visit Battleship Marine I would sure appreciate it yall!
 
Have a Safe and Enjoyable 2014 Boating and Fishing Season! Commercial Fishing and Boating Customers are Welcome as well.
  
God Bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!

Floyd Clifton Wooley


No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive