Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Ships Log 120115-A: 24 Days until Christmas....





Friend's or Customer's,

24 Days until Christmas Day and all through the house everyone is wondering what Santa Claus has under the Tree for the Boat!

I know I have several things I would like to have in my house under the Tree probably none of which I will get but you will if you shop Battleship Marine for Christmas!

Friends I actually got Boo Boo's permission to let me own another dog as long as that she isn't as good a dog as her!

I know this isn't about boats- I'm trying to just  have a little fun friend's cause I miss my dog.

You know what I just did- I said the heck with writing this but the bottom-line is I hope to have another puppy soon. I really don't won't to cry  over the the dad-gum thing trying to write it cause I slept with Boo Boo only 10 years less than I did with my second wife so let's move on too boats.

Oh let me tell a little story in fact a couple of them.

Annabelle "Boo Boo" Wooley is the only the dog that ever taught me games to play and that is the truth.

Fetch?

I could slide a nugget of food over to her and she would pick it up in her mouth and throw it across the room- then wait patiently for me to go get it and slide it to her so we could repeat the process of my being the one to fetch! I absolutely loved it my friend's!

Heck none of my wives could teach me that trick! That dog could and did!

Okay I will make the second one quick.

This is a good one!

After my second wife and I split man was I lonely and Boo Boo and I spent even more time together than even when I was a builder!

She would come get me and insist that I follow her too bed and get in the bed and at least act like I was going to sleep! 

No neither of my two ex-wives could teach me that trick either- I know that sounds like a damn shame to some of you but hopefully some others of you will understand!

Ladies I'm just kidding but this is the real deal.

Once we laid down in that dang bed almost until the last month of her life- I could grunt once and she would grunt once. If I grunted twice she would grunt twice. Damnedest thing you ever heard or experienced!

We actually laid their at times doing that damn thing for hours until one or both of us fell asleep! No Joke!

When she was just a puppy my second wife noticed her counting her nuggets of food and pointed it out to me! Annabelle would have you have you slide her 3-6 nuggets of food pick it all up in her mouth then spread it all out on the floor.

Annabelle would then proceed to nudge each piece and then in a move you would have to see to believe because I can't describe it in words simply count how many pieces she wanted and take each piece into her mouth and store it in different locations of her mouth and eat one piece at a time with her cheeks full of the the stored food!

 I'm sure someone out there has had a dog count so maybe you can envision it with me as you read.

I have so many special stories of that little York-Shire Terriers intelligence that is mind boggling.

I think I will tell one more.

A slab on the ground around the corner got me to thinking about this one!

When I was a Home Builder Annabelle "Boo Boo" Wooley rode with me as much as she wanted to unless it was a particularly long and/or a day that I felt I had so many little fires to put out that she a young puppy may get in my way as I was trying juggle a piece of lumber of from here to there so my sub-contractors that I would rather and did call Trade Contractors out of Damn respect- I hope you construction people out there would agree with me how important those so-called subs are indeed to everyone's success.

Long Story short so they could finish the job and move to the next location.

My friends that was what I was taught by my friends and mentors at Dobbins Homes and Dukes Homes to call little issues that come up as a builder that may seem benign to some people to a scatter-lot builder that little thing we called a fire could turn into out of control Train Wreck with a Chemical spill if it wasn't stamped out quickly so we could move that home to completion!

The schedule made for each project was meant to never be changed for any reason other than a damn Hurricane! Let's get back to dogs?

So I had my own style in that regard but the bottom line is that I was building a home on Bay Haven Drive off Weeks Bay when she was about one year-old and as I was standing at the top of the stairs of the two-story Piling home with Annabelle my dad pulled to my great pleasure.

He walked up to the top of stairs and in the process of my proudly speaking with him about the progression of construction- two or three dogs came down the street toward the construction site barking and maybe even growling!

To our great surprise Annabelle "Boo Boo" Wooley took off down the steps after those dogs with me running right behind her because I thought she was a gonner!

I think my dad was laughing and trying to follow us if not both- please understand my mother is Irish and he is Scotch!

Picture the scene with me please?

I was a jogger but that 6 pound dog out ran me until she was within feet of those three dogs!

Those two or three dogs stopped barking, turned and she gave chase!

I finally got her stopped and both me and my dad laughed our heads off at her Bravery and Confidence!

I'll tell another story for you another time and as for boats please keep me in mind if you need absolutely anything!

Please Stop by and walk through the store again and thank you very much my friends!

I hope you are having a great week!

If you need anything after hours and I'm not here please ring my phone and leave a message- you most likely just may understand why that is my policy. I'll call you back quickly.

I Will!

I either have it in the store, the warehouse or can drop ship it too you anywhere on the Planet!

Please read on.........

If you need Marine Supplies, Marine Engine Parts, Boat Trailer Parts or Fishing Equipment please browse the Merchandise pages section located on the Right side-bar of the web-version of the site!

Make an offer on the Consignment Item you like! I will telephone the owner and run the offer by them! ALL they can do is say no and they might just say yes.

If you don't find the items you are looking for please stop by or give me a call and I'll do my best to get the items or parts for you at an affordable price without shipping costs- there maybe a little shipping on some items but I do not and will not add a profit or sales tax to your shipping costs only the items themselves!

I'll even refund your shipping costs if I over-estimate them and eat the cost if I under-estimate them!

I'm still planning on slowly adding Fishing Equipment in 2016 but no lures if I live long enough.

The Goal is to save you some time and money on "Quality" Merchandise!

Please keep in mind the "Merchandise Pages" Section is located in right side-bar of the web-version of each of the 3 sites I feature products "For-Sale" on and that I inventory here at Battleship Marine.

Listed below are some of the Categories of Marine Supplies that are "Available" or "In-Stock" at Battleship Marine by my Wholesalers that are "Available" to you!

*General Boating
*Safety Supplies
*Anchoring
*Mooring
*Water-Sports
*Trolling
*Fishing
*Seating
*Covers
*Tops
*Paint
*Maintenance
*Deck Hardware
*Fasteners
*Steering
*Controls
*Pumps and Plumbing
*Ventilation
*Marine Engine Parts
*Fuel Tanks, Fuel Lines, Fuel Fittings, Fuel Filters
*Oil, Grease, Lubricants
*Electronics
*Navigation Equipment
*Electrical Supplies
*Lighting Supplies
*Marine Batteries
*Propellers (Stainless Steel and Aluminum)
*Zincs and Anodes

*Boat Trailer Parts

*NEW Magic Boat Tilt Trailers!!!

*Special Order a NEW trailer and have it under your boat within a couple of Weeks!

*Consignment Sales of Fishing Equipment and Marine Supplies Welcomed!!!!

Please see Consignment Page for Details!

Again thank you for visiting Battleship Marines web-site's and please do give me a call or stop by if I can be of Service to you with Marine Supplies!

Let's get ready for a Safe and Enjoyable 2016 Boating and Fishing Season!

Peace, Love and Knowledge!
  
Floyd "Clifton" Wooley 

Roll Tide!!!

Go Jags!!!!!

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive