Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Journal Entry 031914-A: Battleship Marine!

Friends,
I thought I would share a story from my child hood.
 
My parents owned the 38' Chris Craft pictured with this post. Shown in the photo of the Mermaid on the Stern of the boat is my Carol Wright Wooley. I'm in the water and my father Floyd Edward Wooley was in the Dinghy to take the picture.
 
We were at Sand Island one night and a big time squall moved in to at least my Surprise.
We were anchored on the North Side of the Island that is located South of Dauphin Island, Alabama.
This was in the 1970's prior to Sand Isand being attached to Dauphin Island by Hurricane Katrina.
The last time I was on Dauphin Island the Pier still land locked.
 
It was a helluva blow that night toward the middle of Sand Island with dozens of boats anchored out for the night.
 
The storm kicked up seas so rough that boats were in distress.
 
One of the boats was a ship named the El Toro owned by Bender Shipbuilding and on the radio we could here the communication between the Coast Guard and other boaters!
 
Keep in mind the El Toro had a helicopter on board.
 
It was radioed in that there were two yachts at Sand Island that night and my parents boat the Mermaid was included with the El Toro as one of the two Yachts!
 
I thought I was somebody that night as a boat that was dragging anchor pulled up to the stern of the Mermaid and threw us a line to tie off until the squall was past Sand Island!
 
I hope you have found a business, product, service or something you would like to have yourself on the advertising page. If your looking for something please let me place a wanted advertisement on that site for you.
 
If you do need Marine Supplies, Marine Engine Parts or Boat Trailer Parts please browse the pages section located in the right side-bar of the web-version of this site!
 
If you don't find the items you are looking for please stop by or give me a call and I'll do my best to get it for you!
 
The Goal is to save you some time and money!

I'm slowly working to be in a position to increase my "Athletic Gifts and Nautical Gifts" inventory as well! Please browse the pages Section of my Home Blog and the Gulf Coast Girls site as those items are featured on those pages in that order! Please keep in mind the "Pages" Section is located in right side-bar of the web-version of each of the 3 sites I feature products "For-Sale" on that I inventory here at Battleship Marine.
 
Listed below are some of the Categories of Marine Supplies that are "Available" to me here at Battleship Marine by my Wholesalers that are "Available" to you!
 
*Electronics
*Navigation Equipment
*Electrical Supplies
*Lighting Supplies
*Marine Batteries
*General Boating
*Safety Supplies
*Anchoring
*Mooring
*Water-Sports
*Trolling
*Fishing
*Seating
*Covers
*Tops
*Paint
*Maintenance
*Deck Hardware
*Fasteners
*Steering
*Controls
*Pumps and Plumbing
*Ventilation
*Marine Engine Parts
*Fuel Tanks, Fuel Lines, Fuel Fittings, Fuel Filters
*Oil, Grease, Lubricants
*Propellers (Stainless Steel and Aluminum)
*Zincs and Anodes
*Boat Trailer Parts
*Magic Tilt Trailers
*Consignment Sales Welcomed
*Free advertising of your local Business, Product, Service or Items "For-Sale" on the "classified" advertising blog!

Again thank you for visiting Battleship Marine's web-site's and please do give me a call or stop by if I can be of Service to you! 
 
Have a Safe and Enjoyable 2014 Boating and Fishing Season! Commercial Fishing and Boating Customers are Welcome as well.
 
Floyd Clifton Wooley
God Bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!
Floyd Clifton Wooley

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive