Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Journal Entry 032614-A: Battleship Marine!

Friends,
 
I think I will stick with the story or adventure that I mentioned in yesterdays post.
 
Friends when I was 14 my parents bought me a 14 foot Sears Game fisher Jon Boat for my birthday on April the 14th.
 
I may have been 12 or 13 because I also got oars and oar locks with the boat.
 
It may have been a year or so later when I worked the summer washing windshields for fifty-cents per hour to buy my first outboard motor from Mr. Stauter at Stauter Boats across the street from my parents Exxon Travel Stop on Battleship Parkway!
 
I loved my little four horse 1976 Evinrude. My Jon Boat would fly!
 
I used to take it out in the bay and when the wind was out of the south-east and the chop was up run the boat as fast as she would go into the wind!
 
Talk about fun! She'd come clear out of the water and crash down into the waves!
 
One day I was trying to get her as high as in the air as possible and a gust of wind caught her and man did she fly!
 
She flew straight up in up in the air and right back upside down in the water!
 
I thought the water was over my head but think God it wasn't.
 
I didn't have a kill switch. I killed the engine as we sailed over backwards!
 
I was only short distance from the boat so I swam over too it and in four feet of water I flipped the boat over then followed the fuel line down to my three gallon tank sitting on the bottom and picked it up put it in the boat grabbed my gear not so much in that order climbed back in cranked her up and off I went again!
 
I told my dad it was an accident!
 
Hell I did it every time I went out in the boat but I did move the tank to the bow!
 
The fun I had on Hollingers Island in the summer-time!
 
The winter time too but oh the summers!
 
I started painting the door to the store today. Do you like the darker color?
 
I hope you enjoyed the story my friends!
 
I hope you have found a business, product, service or something you would like to have yourself on the advertising page. If your looking for something please let me place a wanted advertisement on that site for you.
 
If you do need Marine Supplies, Marine Engine Parts or Boat Trailer Parts please browse the pages section located in the right side-bar of the web-version of this site!
 
If you don't find the items you are looking for please stop by or give me a call and I'll do my best to get it for you!
 
The Goal is to save you some time and money!

I'm slowly working to be in a position to increase my "Athletic Gifts and Nautical Gifts" inventory as well! Please browse the pages Section of my Home Blog and the Gulf Coast Girls site as those items are featured on those pages in that order.


Please keep in mind the "Pages" Section is located in right side-bar of the web-version of each of the 3 sites I feature products "For-Sale" on that I inventory here at Battleship Marine.
 
Listed below are some of the Categories of Marine Supplies that are "Available" to me here at Battleship Marine by my Wholesalers that are "Available" to you!
 
*Electronics
*Navigation Equipment
*Electrical Supplies
*Lighting Supplies
*Marine Batteries
*General Boating
*Safety Supplies
*Anchoring
*Mooring
*Water-Sports
*Trolling
*Fishing
*Seating
*Covers
*Tops
*Paint
*Maintenance
*Deck Hardware
*Fasteners
*Steering
*Controls
*Pumps and Plumbing
*Ventilation
*Marine Engine Parts
*Fuel Tanks, Fuel Lines, Fuel Fittings, Fuel Filters
*Oil, Grease, Lubricants
*Propellers (Stainless Steel and Aluminum)
*Zincs and Anodes
*Boat Trailer Parts
*Magic Tilt Trailers
*Consignment Sales Welcomed
*Free advertising of your local Business, Product, Service or Items "For-Sale" on the "classified" advertising blog!

Again thank you for visiting Battleship Marines web-site's and please do give me a call or stop by if I can be of Service to you!

Please Visit Battleship Marine I would sure appreciate it yall!
 
Have a Safe and Enjoyable 2014 Boating and Fishing Season! Commercial Fishing and Boating Customers are Welcome as well.
  
God Bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!

Floyd Clifton Wooley

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive