Friday, March 28, 2014

Journal Entry 032814-A: Battleship Marine!

Friends,
 
Today's Short Story will be about the time "The Big One" got away!
 
First I would like to invite you and your family to Battleship Marine!
 
One Sunday on one of my mother and dad's weekly trips out in the Gulf of Mexico on board the Mermaid a 1957 38' Chris Craft Constellation with me as well on board in the mid to late 70's the big one got away in a most physically painful way for my mother.
 
We were trolling two lines on a southerly heading south of Sand Island Lighthouse in the Mobile Ship Channel with my mother and I on the stern.
 
The water was slick as glass.
 
I'm sure it was August!
 
My dad stepped back to the stern to playfully give my mom a kiss when the rod she was holding blew up from the hit of a fish that was absolutely unbelievable!
 
My dad raced back to the helm as my mother tried to slow the fish down!
 
The Penn Reel had 100# test Dacron line a steel leader three feet long with a triple hook yellow and white sea-witch that was custom made to hold any fish!!!
 
The Rod A 6' Heavy Action with Rollers that were oiled and free!
 
The Reel a Penn Long-Beach #67!
 
My mother eased the drag tighter and tighter as my dad brought the twin 350's to neutral.
 
She tightened that drag some more!
 
I swear there was smoke coming off the drum of that Reel!
 
The reel singing as the line speed off off the drum!
 
My mother eased the drag all the way shut or tight but the monster on the other end never slowed!
 
In desperation to stop the fish my mother grabbed the Dacron line with both hands screaming for the fish to stop!
 
My mother never gives up!
 
I was in shock as I watched my mothers gallant effort to stop that fish while screaming in pain as the line burned her fingers to the bone and then all of a sudden the line snapped!!!
 
 
The three of us in shock my dad distraught almost to tears and mother in physical agony from the pain in her hands!
 
All I can remember hearing other than that was the sound of those engines as the boat slowly lifted up and down in the almost calm sea and the exhaust dipping under the water muffling the sound then lifting out of the water and the volume raising with the stern!
 
Her Penn Reel and Rod is in the photo and will never be sold!!!
 
That was a day I will never forget my friends!
 
I hope you enjoyed the story my friends!
  
I hope you have found a business, product, service or something you would like to have yourself on the advertising page. If your looking for something please let me place a wanted advertisement on that site for you.
 
If you do need Marine Supplies, Marine Engine Parts or Boat Trailer Parts please browse the pages section located in the right side-bar of the web-version of this site!
 
If you don't find the items you are looking for please stop by or give me a call and I'll do my best to get it for you!
 
The Goal is to save you some time and money!

I'm slowly working to be in a position to increase my "Athletic Gifts and Nautical Gifts" inventory as well! Please browse the pages Section of my Home Blog and the Gulf Coast Girls site as those items are featured on those pages in that order.


Please keep in mind the "Pages" Section is located in right side-bar of the web-version of each of the 3 sites I feature products "For-Sale" on that I inventory here at Battleship Marine.
 
Listed below are some of the Categories of Marine Supplies that are "Available" to me here at Battleship Marine by my Wholesalers that are "Available" to you!
 
*Electronics
*Navigation Equipment
*Electrical Supplies
*Lighting Supplies
*Marine Batteries
*General Boating
*Safety Supplies
*Anchoring
*Mooring
*Water-Sports
*Trolling
*Fishing
*Seating
*Covers
*Tops
*Paint
*Maintenance
*Deck Hardware
*Fasteners
*Steering
*Controls
*Pumps and Plumbing
*Ventilation
*Marine Engine Parts
*Fuel Tanks, Fuel Lines, Fuel Fittings, Fuel Filters
*Oil, Grease, Lubricants
*Propellers (Stainless Steel and Aluminum)
*Zincs and Anodes
*Boat Trailer Parts
*Magic Tilt Trailers
*Consignment Sales Welcomed
*Free advertising of your local Business, Product, Service or Items "For-Sale" on the "classified" advertising blog!

Again thank you for visiting Battleship Marines web-site's and please do give me a call or stop by if I can be of Service to you!

Please Visit Battleship Marine I would sure appreciate it yall!
 
Have a Safe and Enjoyable 2014 Boating and Fishing Season! Commercial Fishing and Boating Customers are Welcome as well.
  
God Bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!

Floyd Clifton Wooley
 
 
 
 
My Mother Carol Wright Wooley's Penn Reel and Rod! 

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive