Saturday, April 5, 2014

Journal Entry 040514-A: Battleship Marine!

Friends,
 
First while I am trying to decide what true story I would like to write today for you about my boating experiences let me first "invite" you to "visit" Battleship Marine!
 
Now lets think what boating trip can I write about today?
 
I at one time owned a 20' Sea-Ray with 302 Ford Engine and a Mercruiser 888 Out-Drive.
 
Lord was that boat fun.
 
She was a bow-rider and my lord she would fly!
 
I loved the sound of that engine in the water.
 
We used to live in the Theodore, Alabama area and when not in the Gulf of Mexico I loved to take my family to Fowl River.
 
Dog River is beautiful but I'm talking hydro-sliding here and Dog River is a little shallow in the wide part down South toward the Marina's!
 
I'm trying to not laugh at myself cause I probably deserved it but one time while riding one of our knee-boards my ex-wife slung me face first into the mud in Dog River!
 
Maybe I had already slung her into the mud face first but I just laughed to myself about both times because I can see her coming up out of the mud saying "Ewwww"!
 
My daughter Allison uses the same term and I think of my ex-wife every-time I see my daughter and hear her speak.
 
Just as a note if I am ever lucky enough to be in a relationship again I hope it would be with a woman that would understand that because my family was my life. I worked for them and I still do and this dog standing in my lap if you don't mind me saying so. I'm laughing at myself again leaning over to type this on my computer with my back hurting trying to accommodate my dog standing here on both my legs!
 
Lord!
 
Now back to the water a love of my life!
 
I did the same thing so stay in the deep water of Dog River cause its a beautiful river inside the City of  Mobile, Alabama limits but that shallow water isn't any fun to fall off a knee-board in that's for sure!
 
Fowl River is South of the City of Mobile in an Area also called Bel Fontaine.
 
Bellingrath Gardens is located on Fowl River.
 
I have never "visited" Bellingrath Gardens but it is absolutely beautiful this time of the year and always beautiful from the river!
 
The Azalea's for one are in full-bloom!
 
Fowl River is a little narrower and a little deeper.
 
Its fun as hell to hydro-slide on because the wake of the boats are a little higher because the river has some long deep stretches in length and your own boats wake can be too allowing you to sling your riders a little further port and starboard and when they come back across the wake they can swing back across the wake at a higher speed allowing for higher jumps and tricks but I had a knee-board bust my nose once or twice so knee-boarding isn't for the faint of heart.
 
My kids were always complaining we were going too fast while on the board themselves but that's okay they were little bitty.
 
I loved the Sea-Ray cause she put up a nice wake.
 
Its a wonderful feeling back there on that board as long as you trick in a safe place.
 
Then you can let it rip on that board both as the Captain and the Rider!
 
I loved to get my rider up parallel to the boat at speed so we could holler at each other and laugh and joke about how mean I was too them and how they claimed they would never ride that board again with me driving the boat but they always got back in the water!!!!
 
I hope you enjoyed the story although it was not about a specific boating trip!
 
I hope you have found a business, product, service or something you would like to have yourself on the advertising page. If your looking for something please let me place a wanted advertisement on that site for you.
 
If you do need Marine Supplies, Marine Engine Parts or Boat Trailer Parts please browse the pages section located in the right side-bar of the web-version of this site!
 
If you don't find the items you are looking for please stop by or give me a call and I'll do my best to get it for you!
 
The Goal is to save you some time and money!

I'm slowly working to be in a position to increase my "Athletic Gifts and Nautical Gifts" inventory as well! Please browse the pages Section of my Home Blog and the Gulf Coast Girls site as those items are featured on those pages in that order.


Please keep in mind the "Pages" Section is located in right side-bar of the web-version of each of the 3 sites I feature products "For-Sale" on that I inventory here at Battleship Marine.
 
Listed below are some of the Categories of Marine Supplies that are "Available" to me here at Battleship Marine by my Wholesalers that are "Available" to you!
 
*Electronics
*Navigation Equipment
*Electrical Supplies
*Lighting Supplies
*Marine Batteries
*General Boating
*Safety Supplies
*Anchoring
*Mooring
*Water-Sports
*Trolling
*Fishing
*Seating
*Covers
*Tops
*Paint
*Maintenance
*Deck Hardware
*Fasteners
*Steering
*Controls
*Pumps and Plumbing
*Ventilation
*Marine Engine Parts
*Fuel Tanks, Fuel Lines, Fuel Fittings, Fuel Filters
*Oil, Grease, Lubricants
*Propellers (Stainless Steel and Aluminum)
*Zincs and Anodes
*Boat Trailer Parts
*Magic Tilt Trailers
*Consignment Sales Welcomed
*Free advertising of your local Business, Product, Service or Items "For-Sale" on the "classified" advertising blog!

Again thank you for visiting Battleship Marines web-site's and please do give me a call or stop by if I can be of Service to you on your Marine Supplies!

Please Visit Battleship Marine I sure appreciate it yall!
 
Have a Safe and Enjoyable 2014 Boating and Fishing Season!
  
God Bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!

Floyd Clifton Wooley

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive