Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Journal Entry 041614-A: Battleship Marine!

Friends,
 
First I would like to invite you to "visit" my little Marine Supply Store.
 
I started this little marine supply store with nothing and have slowly over a "two" plus year period built it into something I am very proud of thanks to my customers whom I consider friends!
 
Thank you very much for making it possible for me to be here and Open for the 3rd Boating Season.
 
It would not have been possible without you my friends!
 
I havent written a story in several days because I have been trying to think of one that I havent told.
 
I thought of one yesterday and it may have been told previously in a blog post written long ago but I will try again and do my best to get the details right for you and make it interesting.
 
My Dad had a Guy Lombardo fiberglass boat many years ago that had a covered bow.
My dad didnt like the covered bow.
 
Probably cause my mama would have to climb up on the bow to put out the anchor same reason I didnt like the Marathon Cuddy Cabin I used to own.
 
Ill tell the story of that boat another time.
 
My dad wanted a center console so I would imagine that he had the covered bow and the gunnel removed all as one piece by Mr. Stauter at the Original Location of Stauter Boats on Battleship Parkway!
 
Mr. Stauter if I'm not mistaken milled and installed a new rub rail made of mahogany on the boat to stiffen the sides and built and installed a mahogany center-console.
 
My dad if not mistaken did all the finish work in again if I'm not mistaken the old original two-story wood frame garage at he and my mothers home on Hollingers Island.
 
The finished product was a beautiful boat with a 40 horsepower Mercury mounted on the stern if Im not mistaken.
 
The fishing trip I remember most was to deer river or what we used to call the amunition dump in those days before the Navy built a Naval Base near that location in the 80's!
 
We were tied up to a channel marker when a squall blew in from the North-West!
 
I don't remember whether we were catching any fish or not but the storm I'll never forget!
 
It blew in so quick all we could do is hunker down under a blanket and try to keep the stinging rain from hitting our skin as the wind blew the boat around the beacon.
 
Lightening popping all around us as the rain came down like BB's!
 
She began to fill with water and since we didnt use bilge pumps in those days my dad took an old milk jug and starting bailing while my mom and I huddled under a blanket with a bucket of Wish-Bone Fried Chicken!
 
It rained and blew and my dad bailed!
 
I don't think anybody on board thought that storm would ever pass but when it did even the fried chicken but man was it tasty and what fun we had that day at the old ammunition dump!
 
My dad kept the boat afloat and we had some soggy fried chicken and not one of us had a life jacket on that day!
 
Who knows we might not have had one in the boat!
 
If the story sounds like Garth Brooks live from Las Vegas about his childhood growing up in the mid-west your probably right cause thats the way we did things in the very early 70's on Mobile Bay and Hollingers Island!
 
Garth's family drove a car with no seat-belts a hundred miles an hour with him asleep in the back window and beer cans under the seat but down here on the Gulf Coast we had our adventures on the water!
 
I'm just a poor uneducated untalented version of Garth Brooks!
 
I wonder how much Indian old Garth has in him! Oh Lord we maybe related?
 
The story is true my friends cause thats the way I was brought up- one adventure on Mobile Bay after another and eventually in the Gulf of Mexico!!!!!
 
I hope you enjoyed today's story of the Wooley's and the Wright's Boating Experiences!
 
I hope you have found a business, product, service or something you would like to have yourself on the advertising page. If your looking for something please let me place a wanted advertisement on that site for you.
 
If you do need Marine Supplies, Marine Engine Parts or Boat Trailer Parts please browse the pages section located in the right side-bar of the web-version of this site!
 
If you don't find the items you are looking for please stop by or give me a call and I'll do my best to get it for you!
 
The Goal is to save you some time and money on "Quality" Merchandise!

I'm slowly working to be in a position to increase my "Athletic Gifts and Nautical Gifts" inventory as well! Please browse the pages Section of my Home Blog and the Gulf Coast Girls site as those items are featured on those pages in that order.


Please keep in mind the "Merchandise Pages" Section is located in right side-bar of the web-version of each of the 3 sites I feature products "For-Sale" and that I inventory here at Battleship Marine.
 
Listed below are some of the Categories of Marine Supplies that are "Available" to me here at Battleship Marine by my Wholesalers that are "Available" to you!
 
*Electronics
*Navigation Equipment
*Electrical Supplies
*Lighting Supplies
*Marine Batteries
*General Boating
*Safety Supplies
*Anchoring
*Mooring
*Water-Sports
*Trolling
*Fishing
*Seating
*Covers
*Tops
*Paint
*Maintenance
*Deck Hardware
*Fasteners
*Steering
*Controls
*Pumps and Plumbing
*Ventilation
*Marine Engine Parts
*Fuel Tanks, Fuel Lines, Fuel Fittings, Fuel Filters
*Oil, Grease, Lubricants
*Propellers (Stainless Steel and Aluminum)
*Zincs and Anodes
*Boat Trailer Parts
*Magic Tilt Trailers
*Consignment Sales Welcomed
*Free advertising of your local Business, Product, Service or Items "For-Sale" on the "classified" advertising blog!

Again thank you for visiting Battleship Marines web-site's and please do give me a call or stop by if I can be of Service to you on your Marine Supplies!

Please Visit Battleship Marine I sure appreciate it yall!
 
Have a Safe and Enjoyable 2014 Boating and Fishing Season!
  
God Bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!

Floyd Clifton Wooley
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive