Thursday, April 17, 2014

Journal Entry 041714-A: Battleship Marine!

Friends,
 
First let me invite you to "visit" Battleship Marine here in Fairhope, Alabama for all your "Discount" Marine Supply needs!
 
Thank you to my "Customers" and "Friends" for keeping this dream alive!!
 
I appreciate yall very much!
 
Today's story is about that Marathon Cuddy Cabin I used to own for a short period of time I mentioned in yesterdays post.
 
It was a fine boat with a fine little engine but it had a pin-hole leak in the exhaust system that I cant really explain because it has been 12 years maybe 13 since I owned the boat.
 
I was building homes at the time and that damn leak was a pain in the butt to get too!
 
I had several people tell me it couldn't be fixed and I bought another boat.
 
The "Keep Her Wet" a fine 21' Bay liner "Walk-A-Round" Cuddy with twin 120 Force Engines from a man in Theodore, Alabama that I assume still owns a body shop out there in Theodore, Alabama.
 
The Marathon may have been 22' but the "Full Cuddy Cabin" was very difficult to get through the hatch and on to the front deck to anchor the boat.
 
She handled fine! Extremely well but that dang leak scared me to death one day right off the Orange Beach Water Tower.
 
I took the boat out with the little leak.
 
The leak was worse with the engine running so I just had a Rule 2000 GPH bilge pump in the bilge.
 
I had a good hot battery so I wasn't worried.
 
I wasn't planning on taking her far off the beach or that far from the pass anyway.
 
The damn engine quit though and we put the anchor out and I started trying to figure out why she quit!
 
The boat continued to leak and hours passed.
 
I had Valerie put Allison and Alex in a life jacket and I told her too put one on too as the hull settled into the water stern first!
 
I didn't put on a life jacket cause I figured I needed to be able to swim free of her as she went down.
 
Water was beginning to slosh over on to the floor as the battery ran low and hope was fading for a rescue.
 
Things seemed pretty grim as in the show grim. I mean Grim Yall!
 
My sister had warned a lady years ago not far from that location of a Hammerhead that patrolling the beach as she swam and Lord I didn't want the wife and kids to have to swim past that shark or her family's!
 
Just as all hope was lost off in the distance I saw a reddish-orange boat approaching so I shot off the only flare that would work cause the damn things got wet in the cabin!!1
 
It was the Orange Beach, Alabama rescue boat for Christ Sakes!
 
They heaved a big pump over into the cockpit and they yelled Hell Yeah Roll Tide Roll!
 
We are here to save the day.
 
Come to find out Kenny Stabler was staying in a Condo near keeping an eye out for his house on Ono Island near Perdido Pass and when he saw we were sinking and my Alabama Crimson Tide flag was getting lower on the horizon he called for our rescue!
 
Thank you Snake for throwing us a hail-mary on a busted play!
 
I sure as hell needed that touchdown reception myself for God Sakes!
 
Orange Beach saved our lives because by this time some huge Makos with Auburn GPS transmitters with Auburn flags on the Antennas were circling the boat and ill be damned if I was gonna go down without a fight to some Auburn trained Mako Tiger Sharks!
 
The water was about to turn Crimson around that boat as I fought them Auburn Mako Tiger Sharks single handedly!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Orange Beach towed us back to the dock and I'm happy to this day they just happened by on patrol and I was able to wave em down.
 
They threw me a tow-line and pulled us in Perdido Pass to the ramp at the end of Marina Road.
 
I had yall going for a little bit didn't I but it wasn't all that scary after all.
 
I think that was my first trip out the pass with that boat and I sure wasn't going far and she never went out in the Gulf of Mexico again unless she is a reef out there now to my knowledge.
 
I sold her to a friend for God Sakes!
 
He never put her in the water to my knowledge!
 
I hope you enjoyed the short-story today even though most of it was just a damn lie yall!
 
I just couldn't come up with a true story that was all that exciting today!
 
Maybe Tomorrow!
 
Have a Great and Safe Easter Week-End and Please remember Jesus was murdered for each and every one of us miserable human beings!
 
I will be Open regular Hours both Friday and Saturday and please remember I will Open that door for you in an Emergency because I live right here on the Property!
 
I hope you have found a business, product, service or something you would like to have yourself on the advertising page. If your looking for something please let me place a wanted advertisement on that site for you.
 
If you do need Marine Supplies, Marine Engine Parts or Boat Trailer Parts please browse the pages section located in the right side-bar of the web-version of this site!
 
If you don't find the items you are looking for please stop by or give me a call and I'll do my best to get it for you!
 
The Goal is to save you some time and money on "Quality" Merchandise!

I'm slowly working to be in a position to increase my "Athletic Gifts and Nautical Gifts" inventory as well! Please browse the pages Section of my Home Blog and the Gulf Coast Girls site as those items are featured on those pages in that order.


Please keep in mind the "Merchandise Pages" Section is located in right side-bar of the web-version of each of the 3 sites I feature products "For-Sale" and that I inventory here at Battleship Marine.
 
Listed below are some of the Categories of Marine Supplies that are "Available" to me here at Battleship Marine by my Wholesalers that are "Available" to you!
 
*Electronics
*Navigation Equipment
*Electrical Supplies
*Lighting Supplies
*Marine Batteries
*General Boating
*Safety Supplies
*Anchoring
*Mooring
*Water-Sports
*Trolling
*Fishing
*Seating
*Covers
*Tops
*Paint
*Maintenance
*Deck Hardware
*Fasteners
*Steering
*Controls
*Pumps and Plumbing
*Ventilation
*Marine Engine Parts
*Fuel Tanks, Fuel Lines, Fuel Fittings, Fuel Filters
*Oil, Grease, Lubricants
*Propellers (Stainless Steel and Aluminum)
*Zincs and Anodes
*Boat Trailer Parts
*Magic Tilt Trailers
*Consignment Sales Welcomed
*Free advertising of your local Business, Product, Service or Items "For-Sale" on the "classified" advertising blog!

Again thank you for visiting Battleship Marines web-site's and please do give me a call or stop by if I can be of Service to you on your Marine Supplies!

Please Visit Battleship Marine I sure appreciate it yall!
 
Have a Safe and Enjoyable 2014 Boating and Fishing Season!
  
God Bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!

Floyd Clifton Wooley

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive