Sunday, April 6, 2014

Journal Entry 040614-A: Battleship Marine!

Friends,
 
First let me Invite you to "visit" Battleship Marine in Fairhope, Alabama if you need Marine Supplies for your Boat, Boat Trailer or Marine Engine!
 
Hopefully I can save you some time and money on any item you need for the 2014 Boating Season!
 
I moved my boat around back and put her under the carport so I can do a little work on it myself although I am not a carburetor mechanic.
 
I'd love to paint the gunnel and bow Perdido Blue but right now I would just like to get her out on a calm beautiful day.
 
I have been thinking of a boating story I could tell that might interest you.
 
Since I was married 20 plus years it is hard to find one lately that doesn't have my ex-wife as the key individual that went with me on a boating trip that was exciting in nature except for one most recent trip to Gravine Island and I guess that trip was in 2010 or 2011.
 
I guess I could change the names to protect the innocent!
 
One weekend prior to my parents selling their home on Hollingers Island my ex-wife and I decided to take my son Alex and daughter Allison camping in the front yard.
 
Valerie would meet me at their house with the Yukon and boat trailer after I launched the Glass Tron with Alex riding with me from Dog River around to the house on Bay Road.
 
I launched at what used to be the Beach Comber Club on the South Side of  Dog River Bridge!
 
Alex and I headed on out into Mobile Bay after passing under Dog River Bridge and proceeded East out into the bay to make the Southerly turn South toward my parents house on Hollingers Island where Valerie and Allison would be waiting to start the grill.
 
It was rough as a cobb out in Mobile Bay with a 10-15 Knot wind blowing out of the South-East or South-South East.
 
The Chop was tall and the wave interval was short.
 
I wanted to have a little fun with Alex so I thought we would jump some waves because the little tri-hull Glass Tron Bowrider could handle just about anything the Bay could throw at you as long as you kept her bow up!
 
We were having a great time getting soaked with warm summer salty bay water and we were almost to my parents house when I reached for the windshield to brace myself. We came over a wave and as I reached for the windshield with my left hand the boat hit the wave a little early and my hand missed the windshield!
 
My face was drawn forward by the sudden impact into the big wave right into the windshield on the port side of the boat where Alex was only a few inches from me! actually my face hit the top rail and trim that frames the windshield!
 
The Pain was excruciating immediately upon impact as blood began pouring from my nose and mouth!
 
Alex yelled "Dad are you okay?"
 
I replied "I am fine man"!
 
Thinking to myself "Damn I hope I dont pass out from the pain before we get to the beach and I hope I'm alright because I wasn't sure!
 
I had no mirror on the boat to look in to view the injury and in any case the waves were so big I couldn't just stop the damn boat so I had to just keep driving a recurring theme in my life for Christ Sakes!
 
Yes I had lied my ass off to Alex.
 
Every wave we went over from that point further the pain was excruciating!
 
We had arced out into the bay to play in the waves so we were not nearly as close to my parents house as I had thought.
 
I couldn't tell Alex how bad it was and he kept saying "Dad blood is pouring off your face"!
He kept asking "Dad are you okay?"
 
My reply was the same "Yes man I am fine"! Everything is okay!"
 
I thought I was gonna throw up!
 
I brought us into the beach with blood all over the place. Down my throat and on the deck!
 
Val and Allison met us in the shallow water and Valerie said "Oh my God are you okay?"
I said "Val I'm not sure"!
 
She looked at my face and realized my teeth had penetrated my gums and my lip was split and my nose was busted.
 
She told me what she saw and said "Lets go to the hospital baby"!
 
I said "lets go but I have to anchor the boat off first."
 
She said "Let me help"!
 
We went to USA Knollwood in Tillmans Corner where after a long wait something was done and they sent me home!
 
I remember hurting all night long that night but we stayed on in the tent and made the best of it.
My Face actually throbbed all night and I never was comfortable or able to sleep. Flies and Mosquito's seem to be drawn to an injury!
 
My neighbor is cutting his grass and Boo Boo is climbing all over me shaking so let me end the story.
I hope you have found a business, product, service or something you would like to have yourself on the advertising page. If your looking for something please let me place a wanted advertisement on that site for you.
 
If you do need Marine Supplies, Marine Engine Parts or Boat Trailer Parts please browse the pages section located in the right side-bar of the web-version of this site!
 
If you don't find the items you are looking for please stop by or give me a call and I'll do my best to get it for you!
 
The Goal is to save you some time and money!

I'm slowly working to be in a position to increase my "Athletic Gifts and Nautical Gifts" inventory as well! Please browse the pages Section of my Home Blog and the Gulf Coast Girls site as those items are featured on those pages in that order.


Please keep in mind the "Pages" Section is located in right side-bar of the web-version of each of the 3 sites I feature products "For-Sale" on that I inventory here at Battleship Marine.
 
Listed below are some of the Categories of Marine Supplies that are "Available" to me here at Battleship Marine by my Wholesalers that are "Available" to you!
 
*Electronics
*Navigation Equipment
*Electrical Supplies
*Lighting Supplies
*Marine Batteries
*General Boating
*Safety Supplies
*Anchoring
*Mooring
*Water-Sports
*Trolling
*Fishing
*Seating
*Covers
*Tops
*Paint
*Maintenance
*Deck Hardware
*Fasteners
*Steering
*Controls
*Pumps and Plumbing
*Ventilation
*Marine Engine Parts
*Fuel Tanks, Fuel Lines, Fuel Fittings, Fuel Filters
*Oil, Grease, Lubricants
*Propellers (Stainless Steel and Aluminum)
*Zincs and Anodes
*Boat Trailer Parts
*Magic Tilt Trailers
*Consignment Sales Welcomed
*Free advertising of your local Business, Product, Service or Items "For-Sale" on the "classified" advertising blog!

Again thank you for visiting Battleship Marines web-site's and please do give me a call or stop by if I can be of Service to you on your Marine Supplies!

Please Visit Battleship Marine I sure appreciate it yall!
 
Have a Safe and Enjoyable 2014 Boating and Fishing Season!
  
God Bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!

Floyd Clifton Wooley
 
 

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive