Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Journal Entry 040914-A: Battleship Marine!

Friends,
 
First let me invite you to Battleship Marine in Fairhope, Alabama!
 
Today's short story is about two young boys that were friends and their two dogs that used to fish together before we had outboard motors.
 
Two-Blood brothers that have gone their separate ways in life I hope for Christ Sakes but hopefully are still friends.
 
George Shorter was my blood brother as young boys would become blood brothers back in the 70's I think- hell I don't know if we cut and bound our wrists or not it has been so long ago but I think we did.
 
George had a flat stern canoe and I had my 14' game-fisher.
 
I was thinking about him this morning when I took Boo Boo to the pier for her walk before I went to the pain doctor and the wind was howling out of the North-West with temp in the low fifties down at the Fairhope, Alabama Park, Beach, Pier, Marina and Restaurant!

Well there are two restaurants down at the Fairhope, Alabama Park, Beach, Pier and Marina!
 
Perfect fishing weather for boys of 11 and 9 on the Western Shore. A general off-shore breeze.
 
I used to knock on Geo's window at Sun-up and we would paddle out to our favorite fishing spot- an old duck blind.
 
Only problem was his dog a black lab named Betsy Ross and my German Short-haired Pointer Jack would swim out with us and try and climb in our boat!
 
For Christ Sakes it was a mess!
 
We had dogs tied up in lines all over the place!
 
If we got our lines in and couldn't shew em away with a paddle we had to bring em in the boat or they would turn our boat over.
 
Hell either way it was a damn mess.
 
We used to catch a lot of hard head cats out in Mobile Bay back in the mid to late seventies if we could keep our dogs out of those lines.

Later in the year we would catch a sting-ray or two! What a fight. Getting the damn things in the boat in the boat was a trick because some of those sting-rays had two long barbs if not most. they would wrap around and around in your line until you had to cut it and they can get ya! They can get ya bad!

Real Bad! 
 
As the Weather warmed we would give up on the fishing and swim in and anchor the boat throw on some masks or goggles and swim with the dogs under the boat and in the shallows looking for clams.
 
Mobile Bay was pretty muddy early in the year and every time we would surface we would have mud mustaches and Lord our feet were torn up on those clams all Summer Long.
 
If school was out George spent a lot of time over here on the Eastern Shore at Bay Treat and when he wasn't he and I fished or played in the water until my mother called for us to go to work.
 
I wanted to go play at the store, work or mullet fish with the black ladies behind the service station anyway. End of this Story.
 
I hope you liked it although it was just a little short story. 
 
I hope you have found a business, product, service or something you would like to have yourself on the advertising page. If your looking for something please let me place a wanted advertisement on that site for you.
 
If you do need Marine Supplies, Marine Engine Parts or Boat Trailer Parts please browse the pages section located in the right side-bar of the web-version of this site!
 
If you don't find the items you are looking for please stop by or give me a call and I'll do my best to get it for you!
 
The Goal is to save you some time and money!

I'm slowly working to be in a position to increase my "Athletic Gifts and Nautical Gifts" inventory as well! Please browse the pages Section of my Home Blog and the Gulf Coast Girls site as those items are featured on those pages in that order.


Please keep in mind the "Pages" Section is located in right side-bar of the web-version of each of the 3 sites I feature products "For-Sale" on that I inventory here at Battleship Marine.
 
Listed below are some of the Categories of Marine Supplies that are "Available" to me here at Battleship Marine by my Wholesalers that are "Available" to you!
 
*Electronics
*Navigation Equipment
*Electrical Supplies
*Lighting Supplies
*Marine Batteries
*General Boating
*Safety Supplies
*Anchoring
*Mooring
*Water-Sports
*Trolling
*Fishing
*Seating
*Covers
*Tops
*Paint
*Maintenance
*Deck Hardware
*Fasteners
*Steering
*Controls
*Pumps and Plumbing
*Ventilation
*Marine Engine Parts
*Fuel Tanks, Fuel Lines, Fuel Fittings, Fuel Filters
*Oil, Grease, Lubricants
*Propellers (Stainless Steel and Aluminum)
*Zincs and Anodes
*Boat Trailer Parts
*Magic Tilt Trailers
*Consignment Sales Welcomed
*Free advertising of your local Business, Product, Service or Items "For-Sale" on the "classified" advertising blog!

Again thank you for visiting Battleship Marines web-site's and please do give me a call or stop by if I can be of Service to you on your Marine Supplies!

Please Visit Battleship Marine I sure appreciate it yall!
 
Have a Safe and Enjoyable 2014 Boating and Fishing Season!
  
God Bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!

Floyd Clifton Wooley

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive